No, we're not pregnant....BUT we are going to Optometry school! Yesterday we found out that Tim got into not one, but two schools! One in Pomona, CA and the other in San Antonio, TX. The past two weekends he left me to go interview, and I was so pathetic while he was gone. I don't like not having my husband! I went and stayed with my best friends/roomies (who are absolutely amazing) so I wouldn't have to be alone. It made for some fun girls nights though :)
The way we found out Tim got accepted was really funny. We both knew San Antonio would be e-mailing him Monday morning, but Tim had work early and I had class. So we both secretively went into Tim's e-mails at work/school, read the acceptance letter, then marked it as unread of course so the other wouldn't find out we saw it. I called Tim during a little break in my 4-6:30 evening class and asked him if he checked his e-mail yet....we were both laughing so hard and saying to each other, "Why did you look without me." Guilty. Tim said he had this whole scheme planned to tell me that we got into both before he found out I already knew.... Yesterday was also our 6 month anniversary (wahoo!) so while we were out for dinner (at La Casita-endless chips and salsa-so heavenly) he was going to tell the server that we were celebrating our 6 monther and also getting into Optometry school-and apparently my jaw was supposed to drop and all that jazz. But either way, we're both so happy, relieved, and excited!
So yeah, wow. We have a really big decision to make now. We were almost kind of hoping that we'd only get into one so that the decision would be made already for us....I am the worst when it comes to making decisions. Well, at least we have the Lord's opinion on the matter too, so I vote for that one! Our decision will definitely be made very prayerfully. We feel so blessed to even be in this situation, we have really seen the Lord's hand in our life.
We're both so excited for this new adventure!
Where do you think we should go?? :)
that's awesome!!! congrats tim!!! go to CA!!! (i'm biased...)
ReplyDeleteCongratulations! :) How exciting, but how hard to make a big decision like that! My vote is with San Antonio so you can be Optometry School friends with my sister and brother-in-law!
ReplyDeleteHere is my vote for Pomona, that is if we are still living in LA! So excited for you, I am glad you have some options and I remember how hard it is to decide. Good Luck
ReplyDeleteTexas is SUPER nice (if you don't like cold weather) and, the price of living isn't as expensive. I've got a lot of siblings/relatives that have just LOVED TX (they've kind of been all over the place, so it must all be good?).
ReplyDeleteI'd go with TX probably, but really, it's something you guys have to decide yourselves. Which school is better rated? Which is cheaper (if cost is an issue)?
Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS! All the best! :)
Amy
TEXAS DUH.
ReplyDelete