Before coming to Utah to go to BYU I never knew I would love it as much as I have, especially now that I have left it. Leaving behind all that we knew and were familiar with and our dear friends and family was honestly one of the hardest things I have ever had to do. Maybe it is because I grew more in the short three years I lived in Utah than any other time in my life. It is where I went to college, where I met my best friends, where I met my sweet husband, where we were married, and where we shared so many wonderful memories. Utah will always have a special place in my heart. I am so happy that Tim's parents and Karin moved up to Utah this past year, not only because it was so much fun to be able to spend so much time with them, but also because it gives me an excuse to go back to visit.
Tim and I rented a Uhaul tuck to move all of our stuff, and it turns out that Tim's parents used the exact same Uhaul store when they moved from Provo to go to med school! Oh coincidences. We moved from our little home on Saturday and stayed with Mom and Dad on Sunday. We are so grateful for all the help we received from our friends that were able to come help us move or just spend some time with us. Then Monday morning we started the long haul to Texas. As we were leaving Provo, the song "Hey Soul Sister" came on the radio and I just burst out into tears. That's mah girls and my song...so it was too perfect of timing for it to come on at that exact moment. It was the perfect way to end an amazing chapter of my life and a great way to start a new one.
The truck had no cd player, just a radio, so it was either silence or we had to mess around with the radio until we were able to find a station that came in. It was also so loud in the truck that Tim and I could barely hear each other. So most of the time I would scoot over to the middle seat (which was way uncomfortable) so we could actually talk, and so I could hold his hand :)
Tim had told me before we moved that as soon as we crossed the Texas border he would Yeehawww...and he kept his word. As soon as he saw this sign he shouted "Yeeee-hawww!" so loudly! I jumped so high because I was not expecting that at all, even though I should have! Of course I joined in the yee-hawing! We made it!
So here we are in Texas, it has been quite the change, but we know this is where we are supposed to be and we are finally getting settled in a bit. I don't have to use my gps to get to the grocery store anymore! And it is finally cooling down! When we first got here I was ready to turn right back around because it was just so stinkin' hot. ohmygoodness. I am excited to "fall" here though so we can actually go out and do things and not die from heat exhaustion. Texas is definitely different, but we are loving it so far!
Yee haw! I'm glad you got there safe!
ReplyDeleteI'm so excited for you guys! Everyone I know that lives/lived in Texas has loved it. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteOh thanks you guys! I have a feeling we'll love it here too :)
ReplyDeleteStinkin' hot is right! I'm so glad you're here, too! We'll get used to it, I've decided :)
ReplyDelete