Funny story...one of those days while I was at work and Tim was at school and mom was home all day....she cut the grass/ivy/weeds in our backyard....wait for it....WITH HAND SCISSORS. She said she was out there for a couple hours-and I totally understand that-we kinda let things go out there...If that's not love (and maybe a little boredom) I don't know what is!
Here is a run-down by day of all the fun stuff we did :)
Saturday: Mom arrived late at night, and good thing too because she was still pretty loopy from her fear-of-flying drugs. But running out and giving her a hug was the best.
Sunday: We all went to church, and it was so fun to sit with my arms around my Timmy and my Mama! I also loved showing her off to all my new Texas friends. After church I helped mom make her famous Italian gravy delicousness, while I made some homemade bread to go along with it. While it was cooking we looked through some old pictures my Gram sent along-then I showed Mom some of Tim's baby pictures his mom gave him when we got married-and we decided we need to hope and pray our babies look like Tim and not like me. I was an alien baby. After dinner we played a very intense game of scrabble, out of which I came out victorious!
Monday: Mom wasn't feeling well so I didn't feel too bad about leaving her at home to rest and cozy up on the couch all day. That night we ordered pizza, then Mom forced us to go to sonic to get ice cream (she really had to pull our arms with that one.) She really wanted to fatten us up this week. We spent the rest of the night watching a movie and snuggling.
Tuesday: Mom was still not feeling well, so we just hung around at home again and guilelessly went to sonic again....ya know we'd do anything for mom...and we watched Elf (a little too early, but Mom was visiting-so we had an excuse.)
Wednesday: Woohoo! Finally a day I got to spend some daylight with Mom! I got home from work at about 11:45 and we had some leftovers then headed out to the riverwalk! We parked a little further away (you can't beat the quarter/hr lot!) and made a pit stop at the Goodwill to hunt for some good finds! I got a new pair of work pants for $2! Nice! We stopped in at San Fernando Cathedral (which is the oldest Cathedral in the US) because it started to rain...so when it let up a little we walked back to the car to get the umbrella because we didn't want to be stuck without it, and of course it didn't rain any more. We took a river boat tour, walked through the alamo and listened to story time, and enjoyed walking along the riverwalk. Later that night I had Activity Days-but it was so perfect because our "Mom and Me" spa night activity was that night so I got to take my mom with me too! She even painted my nails for me and got most of the answers right to the Mother/Daughter 'newlywed game.'
Thursday: Mom and I made a big delicious breakfast and Kaylee and Allison came over too! We made waffles, homemade whipped cream, breakfast potatoes, bacon, and had strawberries and orange juice. Scrumptious. Then we lazily hung around til Tim got home so we could go to the Ripley's Beleive It or Not Museum on the riverwalk together. What a good time. We spent a good 3 hours in there so we were famished as we made to long walk back to car. So we went to my new favorite restaurant in San Antonio- The Cove- for dinner. We had delicious cheeseburgers and fries and enjoyed the live jazz band!
| Exploring Ripley's! |
| Giant tire....or teeny people...? |
| We're not so good at this... |
| Tim nailed it. |
| The Cove! |
Saturday: Mom got up early and made us breakfast, it was so nice to wake up to the tantalizing smells of bacon! Then we got ready to go out for a special surprise for Mom---Seaworld! My mom loves all animals-but I think there is a special place in her heart for dolphins. I'm pretty sure she had no idea where we were going-and we were going to pull up to the sign and I was going to take a picture of her surprise but... that darn gps of ours gave us away...and when it said "take the exit right for Seaworld" Tim and I just awkwardly looked at each other and tried to pretend like nothing happened...but Mom started to laugh and our cover was blown. Ah well, she was very happy to find out! And we had so much fun-especially at the dolphin pool-even if it was freeezing that day. Tim even missed the big BYU v. Notre Dame game so we could spend the day there. I'm grateful for that. We worked up a big appetite so we went to Rudy's for yummy dinner afterwards, and Mom made a friend in a stray cat there, who's surprised? :)
| Check out this duck posing!! |
| Our duck faces...haha. |
![]() |
| Feeding the seal lions and such. They bark so loud! |
| Oh no big-just us and Shamu. |
| Rudy's! |
I'm so grateful we were able to have this precious time with my mom. We love her so much and can't wait to see all the Zimmermans again soon!!!




What a fun post. I love the pictures and the re-caps. I'm am SO glad your mom was able to come.
ReplyDelete