Thursday, March 20, 2014

Life Lately

So I'm sure many of you are just dying to know what Tim and I have been up to lately. Well, let me assure you, nothing too exciting. haha.

Let's see...I've been applying for a new job with the Epidemiology division in the health department....prayers please! The city is making this process take forever, so it's a little exhausting.

I have really been enjoying my nanny job (for a 2 year old little girl and 4 year old little boy). I spend a lot of my time singing songs, chasing them around the backyard, pretending to fill up bikes with gas and oil, reading books, and building forts. Lately the kids have really enjoyed the "Popcorn popping on the apricot tree" song, but the little boy likes it when I turn it into "Monsters dancing in the Apricot tree." Or he'll just tell me to "sing a song about a dinosaur, and a big guy, and a naked mermaid"....uhh I guess it definitely gets my creative juices flowing! We have a lot of fun and I just love when they call me "Miss Nikki" or tell me they like my dress or tell their mom to include me in their prayers. They are the sweetest and I'm so grateful for this opportunity.

Tim and I enjoy relaxing at night with one of our favorite shows...we recently finished The Office (I cried) and Revenge...and now we're obsessed with Chuck. So funny. It brings me back to my childhood days of playing 007 with my cousins, or pretending to be Harriet the Spy--with my very own "Nikki the Spy" bag and all. You better believe I was using a hand-held mirror to check around corners.

Oh and I discovered Spotify at work. And I'm in love. I also enjoy watching Jimmy Fallon and Justin Timberlake videos when I need a pick me up from the monotony. This one gets me every. single. time.

Tim has really been excelling at playing the guitar. I'm so proud. He spends a lot of his de-stressing time from school practicing (I'd say it's a better alternative than watching/reading espn all day!) His (and my) favorite song currently is "The Girl" by City and Colour. It's beautiful. I swoon every time. Some other favs include: Wish you were here Pink Floyd, You and I Ingrid Michaelson, I Cross My Heart George Strait, I walk the line Johnny Cash, Viva la Vida Coldyplay, Piano Man Billy Joel, Can't help falling in love with you The King, Blowin' in the wind Bob Dylan, and hymns on Sundays.

The first weekend of March we ran the City Manager's 5k at Seaworld! It was a blast! (Ok...honestly...it was horrible, haha. I haven't run in a really long time. And I got the worst side cramp a mile in. In the end we ran about 2/3rds of it). BUT...we had a lot of friends from our ward that did it too! So at the end the wonderful Kara and Charee cheered us on-that gave me the energy I needed! They're the best. Afterwards a bunch of us went out to breakfast at Pancake Joe's...and when we first pulled up I was a little worried because it was in a sketchy spot...(most good places are, right?) but it was really good! Definitely going to have to go back another time.


And we saw WICKED! Oh my goodness- I'm in love with it. (I'm actually listening to the soundtrack right now...) It was so fun to dress up and see the show.

I accidentally deleted the colored version of this and I'm really mad with myself. 
Oh! And I got TWO letters in the mail this last week!!! I love missionary mail! It makes me so happy :) I miss my girls on missions so much. I can't wait for July and October!

AND I JUST GOT THE MOST EXCITING NEWS! (Well I got it like a week and a half ago...) I GET TO SEE MY KRISTI KAY THIS WEEKEND!!!!!!! I cannot wait. Like seriously. cannot. wait.

Tim just sent me the sweetest note at work that really made my heart happy...."Hi, I love you. Just thinking about the big smile you get when you attack me in the kitchen with hugs." And I can't wait to do it again when I get home :) He's the best. We have so much fun...whether it's going to the gym together and playing racquetball and basketball for 2 hrs, going on extra special mid-week lunch dates, or turning off all the lights in our house and trying to make it upstairs for bed while also trying to spook each other. He's my favorite.

Life is great. Especially in the little moments when I think about how truly blessed I am.


2 comments:

  1. You guys are seriously one of the happiest couples I know! Loved reading your blog updates :)

    ReplyDelete