I love birthdays and I look forward to mine every year. Blame my mother....she always made birthdays such a big deal in our home. We got to make/buy a treat to share with our class (my favorite treat to bring was always ice cream sandwiches), then she would check us out of school early so that we could have a special lunch date together. Then in the evening we'd have a special dinner at home with family and friends, or go out somewhere fun. And there was always cake, and ice cream too. I have so many wonderful birthday memories from growing up!
Things are a little different now....but I still get giddy every day leading up to May 17th. I always feel so loved on my birthday, and this year was no different. This birthday I was just so overwhelmed with gratitude for the wonderful people in my life who love me.
^I'm all about birthday freebies! (And since my bday was on a Sunday this year they let me pick up my free subs on Saturday! Nice.)
Tim is so wonderful. After just returning from our long road trip on Friday night, he agreed to drive another 5.5 hours (roundtrip) to bring us to Rockport, TX to VISIT KRISTI KAY AND LUCY!! This was the BEST birthday present :) I can't believe the timing worked out so perfectly for us to visit them while they were on a quick trip to visit family. I am so grateful to her family for letting us crash the party and hang out all day.
^Since we were leaving early for the trip down to the coast Tim made sure that I got sung "Happy Birthday" with candles before we left. I love him so much.
^Tim gives the best, most thoughtful gifts. He wrote me a sweet card and got me a lunch box (I guess my HEB bags weren't cutting it...), fuzzy socks, my favorite candies, and a pregnancy sleeping pillow (!!!!!). Spoiled.
^Such a sweet reunion!!! I love this girl so much! And although we haven't lived in the same state for almost 3 years, our friendship continues to grow. She means so much to me. Truly a Soul Sister! Her mom (who is the cutest ever and I love her) welcomed us with open arms and made sure we knew we are "part of their family." Kristi and I both exchanged gifts for each other's babies :) I got Lucy these two heart-wrenchingly adorable outfits, and Kristi got me this beautiful, white, snuggly, baby sleep sack. It will be perfect for future pictures :)
^I was so excited to meet Lucy Jane!!! She is so so beautiful. Her Auntie Nikki loves her so much already. (Kristi's cute mama and grandmama in the back too. They are the best!)
^I love these girls! It was incredibly surreal to see one of my best friends as a mom. I mean, I've known Kristi for just about 6 years so to go from my roomie to a mommy is mind-blowing. She is such an incredible mom. I always knew she would have the best lullabies, but I got to hear a little snippet of her singing to Lucy. Lucy girl is one lucky babe! And yes, there were lots of discussions of marrying our children (if I have a boy) and future besties/college roommies (if I have a girl). They'll both be 2015 babies, I'll just have to have a genius so they can be in the same grade :)
^She totally rocked the romper we gave her! I was dying of delight! Such beautiful girls! I LOVE THEM SO MUCH!
^PURE JOY! Saying goodbye isn't as hard when it feels like you've never been apart. Maybe we'll see ya'll again if we move to WA next year (!!!!!! SAY WHAAAAAAA!? :D)
The ride home was nice. I love being in the car with Tim and no distractions. That was such a great birthday treat too. We played trivia and truth/dare (but really just truth). I also facetimed for a little bit with my mama and sister and baby brother, which was so nice, except they were eating delicious Chinese food and I was incredibly jealous. Not fair. I also got lots of other calls/texts from so many people I love. Goodness, I have so many wonderful people in my life!
When we got home (around 9:45) we were both pretty pooped. But then Kailee texted me asking for a favor, so I went over there and SURPRISE! I was greeted at the door by the Robertsons and Mulders singing "Happy Birthday" to me! They had chocolate pie and brownies to celebrate. I sure do love these friends and neighbors of mine!
The party didn't stop there! I got some very special deliveries the next day :) (Like I said....I'm so stinkin' spoiled!)
^From Mom and Dad :) yeahhhh that fruit was ahhhmazing. And Dad even got the baby his/her first teddy bear :) He's going to be such a great Grandpa! (Weird! My Dad's going to be a Grandpa...)
^My sweet Grandma also sent me this lovely package that will definitely come in handy!!
^I've had the privilege of teaching both these sweet boys in primary. The Wheats are awesome. The boys made me cards and Jen made me "Jersey Shore" caramel corn, so thoughtful!
^These lovelies also dropped by with some special goodies. Rhett is such a stud and oh so chivalrously handed me that bunch of flowers, which are still sitting here on my desk and make me smile. Kara and Kaylee also got/made me special little gifts. I love these girls so much!
^The girls in my office also decorated my office for me, and got some tasty ice pops too. How did they know that's exactly what I was craving!?
^The next day us and the Giffhorns went over to Grimaldi's to share my free bday pizza (and get another pizza and salad because we were not going to leave hungry this time haha.) We love these guys.
^After pizza we stopped by this amazing candy store in La Cantera-----where you can SAMPLE ALL THE CANDY YOU WANT. Um, yeah, I was in heaven, haha. Plus I was holding a sweet little baby. So double heaven.
I have a feeling being 24 is going to be awesome. It's also funny to think this was the age Tim was when we got married....baha. So I guess 24 is a milestone year for us!
I'm so grateful for birthdays that remind me how loved I am. Thanks you guys :) Every kind act, card, note, gift, and birthday wish was so special to me. I am one lucky girl!









D'AW! I love this post!! Getting to see you in Texas was so amazing ... I'm still in awe that it worked out so perfectly!! (apart from you having to spend most of your birthday driving ... YOU'RE THE BEST!) I love everyone's gifts and decorations and flowers and freebies. I'm so glad you had a nice birthday :) I love you so much!!!! 24 is going to be an amazing year for sure!
ReplyDeleteIt was a miracle that it worked out! And SO happy it did :) I love you and Lucy so much!
DeleteKristi shared this post with me! I loved reading about all your birthday fun. You certainly deserved to be loved and pampered! And of course, sharing your birthday with us in Rockport was such a wonderful, fun treat for us all! Like Kristi, I was amazed that you would make that long drive. We sure appreciate you and your great hubby for all the love and support you give to Kristi and her family. She is so blessed to have such a special friend in you! Love ya, Kelli
ReplyDeleteOh Kelli, thank you so much! I'm so glad that we were able to go and ya'll were ok with us cutting in on your limited family time. That really meant a lot! I can't wait til we see everyone again!
Delete