Saturday, October 24, 2015

Texas Baby Shower

Guys, I have the best people. Like, I don't even know where to begin. I have felt so overwhelmed with love and gratitude for all the people who have made me feel so embraced and loved through this entire pregnancy, and always. Texas has been so so good to us. The friends I have made here have been like family to us, and I love that. We have supported and lifted each other in times of need, and laughed and played so hard.

My wonderful friends Maddie, Kara, and Rachael put together such a beautiful Story book baby shower for me, and so many others came together to make it perfect. I have no other way to describe how I felt---I was so overwhelmed with the kindness showed to my little family. I am so grateful for all these amazing women!! The whole time I still couldn't believe that I was at my own baby shower....I have been to so many baby showers for these friends...and now it was my turn. It's still hard for me to wrap my head around!

And sheesh, the decorations and food were extraordinary. Pinterest worthy-fo' realz.

^How perfectly amazing are these cookies!? Almost too pretty to eat..almost :) Way to go Kara!
^Yeah, totally cried when I saw all this.
^This pretty lady made that beautiful cake! Thank you so much Nicole!
^We got so many baby books! That made me so happy! A lot of people brought their children's favorite story and a lot of the classics too. Most people contributed to one big pot and got some of the last big things we needed/wanted for baby, which was so incredible. We are totally set now. 
^The pancake queen!! Totally had more pancakes with her later that week...soooo goood. 
^Allison came all the way down from Austin to be there! Love her.
 ^Playing baby scattergories! Such a clever idea.
^So thankful for these girls!

Seriously, going through all these pictures I just want to put a caption of "I love her!" and "I love her!" I love all these women so much! (And the ones who were there in spirit too.) It makes me so sad to think that we'll be leaving here so soon...so I just won't think about that yet. THANKYOUTHATNKYOUTHANKYOU from the bottom of my heart. 

And a big thank you to Becca for capturing so many of these moments!! Thank you for using your talent so generously!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, so many lovely friends!!! I love the book theme, and wowwwweeee! just look at all that food and those gifts!! Have you even had to buy a single thing?! haha! That's so awesome. I love the Texas cowboy cookies <3 Now hurry please with the hospital post, I'm dying over here!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I'm getting there! I wanted to finish all the other posts I had been working on! But now with mom gone I am making it my goal to record all the memories!!

      Delete
  2. Look at you blogging post baby!!! These are great pictures. I'm glad you loved your shower. You deserved it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Allison :) Truth be told I actually wrote this a long time ago! And just finally published it :)

      Delete