Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Henry's 2 month recap

HENRY
12 lbs 8 oz 22 3/4 in

This guy, I tell ya. He has such a sweet spirit that is absolutely delightful to be around. We are ravenously enjoying his luscious chub rolls that are growing and growing. People tell us a lot that Henry is a "Mini-Tim," but it's still hard for me to really tell who he looks like. I know one thing though, he definitely has Tim's feet! He has been sleeping through the night for a few weeks now (probably since he was 6 weeks old?)...it's incredible. The first night he went from 10pm-8am I woke up a few times to check on him to make sure he was still alive! But then he kept doing it and doing it. And he hasn't stopped since. Bless him!

I feel a little guilty, like he's a little too easy. Sleeping through the night, putting himself to sleep, eating great, sleeping no matter where we are (like in the Mulder's bathroom while we hang out haha). He's amazing. We follow the "sleep, eat, play" cycle, he kind of naturally fell into that, and I think that has been the key to our success. He is smiling more and more often which is really exciting too. He even had his first little chuckle recently. He's also discovered his hands and he's pretty thrilled about that. He's always stuffing his fists into his mouth. His favorite place to be is on the play mat, he gets so excited when we put him on there. His favorite song is "Moon River". I usually sing that one to him before I put him to bed, and he'll just look up at me and smile, and that really is the best feeling in the world. Patty cake, Side by Side, and A Bushel and a Peck are also some of his favorites.

Things I want to remember about this stage:
-Sometimes when he's eating (and he's starving) he chugs then he GASPS for air...and then he does it again. 
-He's quite a loud eater... While he's chugging he holds his belly, rolls back his eyes, and goes "mm! mm!".... and it is the cutest thing. 
-The way Henry reacts when he hears my voice/sees me when he's really hungry reminds me of this--> Like, scary accurate. haha

-Video of his first laugh (12/14/15):
-Happy baby... Coos and goos:

-Sleepy baby:

-Sad baby:

TIM
Tim has been pretty busy lately. At the beginning of December he took part II of the Optometry national board exam, then flew out to Charlotte, NC to take part III a few weeks later. Then he also had to drive out to Louisiana to spend some time at a practice where they do different surgeries. So much traveling and studying. Henry and I went into the clinic for Tim to practice on my eyes one night...and that was...fun, haha. Even though having him probe around on my eyes was uncomfortable, I have to admit that getting a glimpse at Tim's expanse knowledge of eyes was pretty cool.

I'm so proud of how hard he works for our family, and I'm so grateful that he loves what he does. 

NIKKI
Between Thanksgiving, Henry's blessing day, and preparing for Christmas this past month has seemed to fly by. I have truly been enjoying every moment with my little boy, and also enjoying spending time during the day with friends. It's pretty great when 6 families from our ward live on our block! Rachael has been helping me develop some sewing skills--I've made two bow ties so far! So that's exciting. I have also been thinking a lot about what I want to do with some of the extra time I have now that I'm not working...service, exercising, and reading more are some of my top goals. 

Tim, Henry, Odie, and I went on a little outing to this cool park in town called the Japanese Tea Gardens. We are enjoying time outside a lot more now that it's more cool out. We've also had a few really fun Christmas family outings that I'll cover later :)





1 comment:

  1. Henry's first giggle!! I love that so much. Thank you for doing these recaps, I need them!! So sweet and fun to read. I can't wait to meet this little boy. Lucy totally loves Moon River too ... match made in heaven! ;) That meme comparison to Henry is heelarious!! Tim is workin' so hard. And so are you! I love your family so much! <3

    ReplyDelete