Since everyone has been asking about the proposal story and wanting to see pictures, I thought we'd start with that :) But just a little background info....
Tim and I met at the beginning of last school year, end of August/early September. Apparently Tim and I met at our wards first activity, introduced by Whitney and Paul, but neither of us remember that. What I do remember though is one Sunday afternoon after church when my roommates and I were all just lounging around the living room, and in walk these two dashing young men. Tim was wearing his red polo and corduroy pants (is it creepy I remember this?) He was lookin' sooo fiiinnneee. We all talked for a really long time, and when they left I remember saying to my roommates that I thought Tim was HILARIOUS-that we both had the same sense of humor. So life went on...but then Tim and Paul came back for another visit! I was downstairs in my room and my roommates shouted down to me that Paul and Tim were over and I shouted, "I LOVE Tim!" (Sometimes I just can't hold things back.) I felt so silly, and hoped and prayed he didn't hear me!
Another week went by and Tim ended up giving me a ride home from church. I was so excited! I totally shotty-ed the front seat so I could talk with him! As he was dropping me off he was teasingly saying that we should have him and his roommates over for dinner soon-and without even thinking (I tend to do that a lot I guess) I told him to come over that day! Then....he got my number.... :) Needless to say, when I got home my roommates were not completely thrilled with the idea-we didn't have any food. But I think we made it work, and I'm so glad we did. :)
Later that Sunday evening Tim asked me if I wanted to go for a walk....uh yes! So that night and every night that week Tim and I went for a walk...and Thursday he held my hand. I was so nervous and so excited! I learned a lot about him on our little walks, and I couldn't wait to learn more, which is why I was so thrilled when he asked me on a date for that Friday night! September 24th-where it all began. For our first date Tim had planned for us to go to Comedy Sports (a comedy group in Provo), but he forgot he had previously made an appointment to volunteer at the MTC (The Missionary Training Center) so he invited me to go along with him for that too. We volunteered with the Spanish Missionaries, Tim learned Spanish when he served his mission in Chile, so at least one of us was able to communicate ha. We had a wonderful time, and another woman who was volunteering with us even asked if we were married!....that was awkward, Tim got so red haha. That whole night was so much fun. Tim put his arm around me during the comedy show....then he took me to this park where he set up a blanket and candles to roast marshmallows over to make s'mores! I love s'mores! Tim told me he drove around looking for candles for HOURS, he put a lot of work into this. You have to admit, that's a pretty intense first date, but it was so great. Before we got out of the car when we were at the park I sneakily put a piece of gum in my pocket...just in case...and let's just say it came in handy ;) Wowzers yes.
From that point on I couldn't stay away from Tim Bradshaw, and over the past 8 months he has truly become my best friend. If I could I would spend every minute with him! We've shared so many wonderful experiences together, that have really united us even more. We have so much fun together, everything is an adventure, and we're so excited to have the adventure last forever.
SO, the moment you've all been waiting for....THE PROPOSAL!!
Between winter semester and spring term Tim and I flew home to Jersey so he could meet the fambam. It was insane-we had 2 and 1/2 days to take all of our finals ( I had 6, Tim had 5), plus I had to be completely moved out of my apartment! Needless to say, that was pretty difficult, but wow, what an incredible sense of relief and accomplishment when we were on that plane and ready to go! We had such a wonderful time at home, and my family really loves Tim, I mean who wouldn't. And during the trip Tim asked my dad a pretty wonderful question...
When we got back on Tuesday we had to jump right back into spring term! But Wednesday Tim said after my evening class that I was all his....I definitely don't mind that. He picked me up at 8, and as we were walking over to his car he pulled out his itchy, black, wool scarf and blind folded me. I knew something was up, I mean, how often does he blind fold me? We were jammin' out in the car listening to the cd I made him for Valentine's Day....and when we arrived to our destination Tim took me out of the car and danced with me (while I was still blind folded) to Elvis' "I can't help falling in love with you." Can I just say that I love this man? I think dancing with him is one of my favorite things to do. He then led me over to a spot and took off my blindfold to reveal a blanket with candles all around it, and Frank Sinatra playing on a portable player. He's quite the romantic. We were at the park where we had our first date and our first kiss! We sat on the blanket and talked for a while, but I was so anxious! Tim then whipped out s'mores stuff and candles and the hangers we used on our first date to get our roast on. Mmm mmm!
After s'mores and a lot of giggles, Tim asked me if I wanted to play a game. I was a little hesitant, but only because his games can get kind of crazy sometimes. This one was no different. He told me for every marshmallow that I let him put in my mouth he will tell me one thing he loves about me. I agreed on the condition that he let me do the same to him! SO hilarious. It can get pretty difficult to say things with a mouth full of marshmallows! I couldn't even breathe towards the end because there were so many in my mouth!
So after that, Tim and I talked about our future together, one of our favorites things to do (we could do it for hours and hours-and we have). And while we were daydreaming Tim asked me the most beautiful, wonderful question I've ever been asked! "Nikki Zimmerman, will you marry me?" It took me a while to get the words out because I was so overcome with emotion and excitement, Tim would say it took me FOREVER to answer, but of course I answered YES!! And wow! What a beautiful ring! I love it so much! I love Tim so much! It's really happening!
check it out!
sassy.
Oh no big, just running my hand through my hair. With a RING on it.
Congrats Tim & Nikki. Very cute with the marshmallows game. Can't wait to see the invite!!
ReplyDeleteLove the new blog! And congratulations on the engagement! I can tell you from experience the Bradshaw family is the best family to marry into! Oh, and I love the engagement story! I heard it from Daniel, but so much better from you with all the details! Can't wait till July 30th!
ReplyDeletePlease understand that I don't love you any less...but I completely threw up all over the house while reading this blog entry. :) Daniel
ReplyDeleteahahaha Daniel, I told Nikki this would happen. She likes to embarass me. This blog wishes goodbye any privacy I thought I had in my life. I feel exposed... -Tim
ReplyDelete