So here are some of our wedding plans!
First-the colors. I am a very picky person, and very indecisive, which makes planning things difficult because I really struggle to decide on things sometimes. But this I was sure about, pretty much since the beginning.
I really love Navy Blue and Yellow together, but since we're having a summer wedding I thought it would be fun to add a few more accents to spice things up! So our colors are:
Navy Blue, Yellow, with accents of pale Orange and pale Pink
![]() | ||
| This picture was the true inspiration of my color choices. I absolutely love the soft tones with the navy blue. Don't they look so cute together? |
When Tim and I first started planning we made a priorities list of things we were willing to spend a little more money on and things that were not as important.
Our top three things were:
1. Photographer. As so many have said, It's the one thing that lasts after the day is over.
2. Reception Venue. We hoped that we didn't have to spend as much on this as we did...but it took us so ong to decide on a place that our choices were limited. But we really love the place that we have.
3. Food. Everyone loves good food right?
We are having our reception at the Woods on Ninth. We really feel in love with the people who will be putting it all together for us. When they found out we don't have our moms here planning with us :( they said that they will be our mothers-although they definitely don't even come close. They actually gave us a lot of good deals and discounts...gotta love it.
As a side note- I really miss my mom, especially during all of this wedding planning. I wish she could be here to help us put everything together. I wish she could have been here when I was trying on dresses. I just wish she was here. It has been really hard for me, and I know it's been hard for her as well being so far apart during this special time. I can't wait to see her and my dad and my whole family!
After so much searching I finally found my dress!! It is so beautiful and fits so perfectly. I am so happy-it was so relieving and exciting to see it hanging up in my closet. I am so lucky to have such wonderful Bridesmaids Jenica, Kristi, Kendra, and Whitney who have taken so much time out of their busy schedules to bring me to tons of places and help me in and out of so many dresses. I love these chicas.
Everything else is really coming together too now. We found our photographer (Wasatch Studios), caterer (Normandi), florist (Skyline Floral-super good prices!), and I even made hair appointments (Dyson Studios). It feels so good to have it all figured out. Now it's just the little details that need putting together. Sigh of relief.
Annnnd...We found an apartment! As soon as we walked into this quaint little basement apartment on 300 S 300 E in Provo we knew it was just what we were looking for. Such a good deal, new carpet, new kitchen floor, new paint, new stove, new bathroom- it just feels so fresh. And what I am so happy about is that it has real windows-even in a basement! And we have a garden in the backyard! Do I hear a summer project for Tim and me? Oh yes. I think Tim is more excited about the apartment than anything else. He always says that he cannot wait for the wedding to be over so we can just get our life started in our new home. Our landlord is giving us the keys on the first and you know we will be there moving stuff in as soon as those keys are in our hands! When we were signing the contract he said that we can go in and "Sit on the floor and look at each other." Can't wait to do that... P.s. our landlord gave us a delicious home-made loaf of bread when we signed and said if we deliver our rent to his house on the first of every month we will have another one waiting for us. Best landlord ever.
It seems like the checklist for the wedding never ends. Even though we have gotten so much done, there is still so much to do. It's a little tricky to go and do things since we only have Saturdays pretty much available to get things done since Tim works full time and is preparing for the OAT. So many people didn't think we could do it in three months, but we really are! And personally, I think things are turning out great. We are so excited!
Tim has been so patient with me through all of this. I am so lucky to have such a great guy. I love him so much and am so grateful that he has been so involved with all of the planning. It has been a little stressful, yes, but it has been so fun to figure everything out together. I wouldn't want to be planning a wedding with anyone else.

No comments:
Post a Comment