Friday, November 2, 2012

Good Eats!

Being unemployed, while terribly awful, has enabled me to have time to develop some talents. Ah yes, there is a bright side to everything. I have made a goal to have two new recipes for dinner each week because we kind of got in a dinner rut where we were just having the same things over and over and over, and that's just dull. I have received most of my inspiration from my two new favorite go-to cooking queens: thepioneerwoman and ourbestbites.

Here are a few of my favorites of the recipes I have tried!

Chicken Tortilla Soup. A new staple in the Bradshaw household!

 Mmmm mmm! I love soup! I also froze half the recipe and saved it for a night when I just didn't feel like cooking- don't deny it- you have those days too! 

Sweet and Sour Chicken Stir Fry. I was never very successful with the whole Asian cuisine...but this recipe actually turned out really delicious! I love the pineapple with the spicy chicken and the peppers.



Homemade french fries. I never made successful homemade french fries either (are you noticing a trend, I know I am...), but this recipe is just fabulous. It does take a lot of little steps, but if you have that salty craving, which we have like always, these are scrumptious.

And my ultimate favorite accomplishment...drum roll....Heavenly rolls! I'm not sure if it was the altitude difference or maybe just the lack of counter space, but I could never make soft, fluffy rolls in Utah (I don't think I ever even attempted in Jersey.) But oh my gosh, these rolls are to die for- and I made them! Wow, I am still shocked. I even froze half the dough the first time and saved it to make cinnamon rolls for general conference breakfast, and they turned out great! This time I froze them in dough balls so we can just take out a couple when we feel like fresh rolls (which is always, right?) P.S. I just love the magic of yeast...it makes me ridiculously happy to see the dough grow so big!


I have also found the easiest recipe for Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies (which are our favorites!) I want you all to have it and enjoy the blissful goodness! 

Basket full of cookies and two mugs of hot chocolate- is there anything better??
I have enjoyed getting better at this whole cooking/baking stuff. And I am sure Tim enjoys it too. I would love some more good recipes so share if you have any favorites for us to try!

1 comment: