Friday, November 2, 2012

Crafty crafts

I just wanted to share a few of the awesome halloween/fall crafts I got to make! I'm becoming so crafty! And Timmy is loving it- he always tells me how his mom made this and this and that thing for various holidays with the Relief Society and now he's excited that I'm doing it to.

The first thing I made for Halloween was this awesome craft. I got together with some Relief Society ladies one night and literally spent 4 hours making this. FOUR HOURS. Hot dang. But I am so happy with how it turned out! Well...except for the hay around the pumpkin I'll have to fix that...maybe next year. I love how it looked on our fireplace hearth, I love holiday decorations! The person who made it originally used vinyl for all the features...but I hand painted them on so they don't look as fancy, but my perfectionist self learned to get over that after attempting to make it perfect for FOUR HOURS.

I also made this which is double awesome because it can stick around all fall long. It was really fun because we made this at our first ever Optometry Wives get together! I was thinking maybe we should call our group the O.W.L. (no, not the test students at Hogwarts have to take...) which stands for the Optometry Wives League....and then we can be like "Ah yes, I do belong to the OWL, you mean you don't?" We would obviously sound very sophisticated.

So there are 5 of us first year wives then 3 upperclassman wives, and we decided that it would be fun to have a pinterest-inspired get together each month! It was a blast to just get to know everyone and chat while making a craft. We also had some yummy treats...pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, fruit salad, potato salad, parfaits, and I made pumpkin chocolate chip waffles too! Good food. Good craft. Good friends :)
Just a couple of us with our pumpkins!




2 comments:

  1. You're so cool! I love those two crafts. Your hand-painting is exceptional.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And your mascot could be an owl with glasses! Sounds cool! Okay, now you need to come up with a cool one for dental wives, so I can meet the other dental wives, too. :)

    ReplyDelete