So here's a story all about how my life got twist turned upside down, and I'd like to take a minute just sit right there, I'll tell you all about how we got a puppy named Briggs.....(a little less catchy...but you get the point.)
I was going into work like any other Wednesday morning, but when I arrived my co-worker said, "Hey Nikki, there's a puppy out front you have to come see!" (There are a lot of strays in the area where I work, it's really sad, but I love to go out a see them and give them just a little bit o' lovin'--and how could you say no to a puppy!?!.) So I said, "Ooooh a puppy! I want to go see!" So we headed out to the front of the building and there curled up under a bench was this sweet little boy. He stole my heart. He was so sweet and so gentle, he came right over to me when I bent down to see him. Everyone that had come out to see him started pressuring me, "Nikki, why don't you take him home! Look, he loves you already! He's going to make a great dog one day! Take him home!" And I was all, "Yeah, we could have a dog, why not!? I'll take him home!".....
They gave me a box to keep him in (it was the beginning of the work day) and we put him out in the courtyard. Then I called Tim and said, "Tiiiiiiiiiiim....sooo....can I have a puppy??" He thought I was crazy, but I just told him to think about it, he had until the end of the day. Oh, and I sent him this picture...
![]() |
| How could you say no to that face??? |
So Tim fell in love too. So I took him home with me :) He rode home in that box though because he had a lot of fleas and ticks, like a LOT. So as soon as I got home Tim ran out to see us in the car, and he was so giddy with excitement. But I shooed him out and the pup and I sat in the backyard as he went to the store for some neccessary things. We were debating on whether to bathe him ourselves or take him to the pet clinic for a flea dip. So glad we chose the latter.
He was so scruffy looking when we first brought him home! I was freaking out a little on the inside....I didn't want him to touch anything (including me) and infest us with bugs. *Hebbie Jebbies*
| Sorry for the graphic content. *Barf* |
| He was so happy! Look at that boy! |
| A boy and his pup. |
| Puppy kisses! |
| Look at that face!! |
Tim started putting him on craigslist one night because he said we need to do it sooner than later and he just wanted me to be happy...and I just could not handle that. I couldn't think of another family that would love him more! Tim loves him SO much. So there is no more talk of giving him to someone else. He is our sweet little pup!
How did we decide on his name you ask? Well....we actually deliberated a lot about it. When we talked about having a dog one day we thought it might be fun to name it Jersey....so we tried it out but it just didn't fit him. So when we were further discussing names I was throwing a bunch out there and said, "Well, how about a tribute to BYU-Brigham! ha! Actually....why not Briggs?" And it fit :)
He's about 3 months old now and loves: PEOPLE! He wants to say hello to everyone on our walks-especially the kids. He will patiently sit and give kisses to the kids when they pet him. He also loves belly rubs (as soon as you go to pet him he just throws himself over), playing fetch (and charging back at you full speed with his toy proudly in his mouth), and he eats so fast he belches for like 5 minutes after he eats every time, haha.
He hates: long walks, this one spot of our carpet, and the dog park (we are working on that.)
To say we're falling in love would be an understatement.

So cute!! We need to come over and meet this Mr. Briggs! Collin has only been around 1 other dog and that was when he was still really little...I'd love to see how he would react! Oh, and I love how much you worry about him...you are going to make a fabulous mommy!
ReplyDeleteWe would LOVE for you guys to come visit-anytime!! Briggs loves kids :)
DeleteOH MY GOSH! the tic picture...I can't believe Tim was touching that. And that was just his ear :( How do you take care of him while you're both at work? You guys are so awesome for saving a little stray, and he's SERIOUSLY adorable. He'll be the best dog because his owners are the best :)
ReplyDeleteYeah, those ticks were nasty. Ugh. So we are crate training him now-and it has helped with his craziness a lot. Tim goes to school 2 blocks from our house so he walks home on his lunch breaks and goes on a walk with him and feeds him and then we do it again when we get home. We try to take him to the dog park often too. Once he's a year old we'll probably start letting him roam the house all day rather than stay in his crate. And thank you :) we love him! You'll have to say hi when we skype next week!
Delete