Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Utah Christmas 2014 Part II (The post-Christmas fun)

We love Utah. It holds so many wonderful memories for us, so we were so happy to have a whole week after Christmas to do some exploring and reminiscing on our own. Here are some of the things we did....

^I couldn't wait to see my Whittykins!!! But she was terribly sick.....so our plans turned into me bringing her some Zupas soup and sitting on opposite sides of the couch (sad). I wanted to hug and snuggle her so badly, haha, but we were so disciplined! We giggled and watched Pride and Prejudice (with some PB M&M's of course) in her basement. I love this girl so much, she knows my heart so well. It was so wonderful to be with her again! I'm so glad her family lives in Utah so I get to see her every time we go there. Her sweet mama came downstairs to join us for a while and the three of us chatted and watched a documentary about Abe Lincoln. :) 

^Timmy and I went down to Provo to remember our glory days. Of course we had to make a stop at the creamary for a kid's meal. We probably ate there once a week when we were students because it was so cheap and delicious. 

^We also made a little stop at the MOA. I wish I took more advantage of this really awesome (free) art museam when I was a student. 

^We also went to the bookstore where I surprised Tim with his favorite treat...chocolate cinnamon bears! He also picked out a handsome new hat for his bday. 

^We talked about memories we had on campus...favorite classes, least favorite classes, testing center woes, and doing silly things. We both agreed that Anantomy was our favorite class, and our Old Testament class was our fav religious class. And we both agreed that the Benson building still gives us the shivers....




We also visited the Colony where it all began!!! So weird to be back there. Wow. So fun to see where our love started and to see where we are now. We also may or may not have parked behind Tim's apartment building to relive some memories we shared there ;) haha. 

^Then we visited our first married home! Such a dinky little basement dungeon, but to us it felt like a palace. We were so happy in our own little home. I have to say I miss those days. I was working two jobs (40 hrs/wk) doing a boat load of classes, walking the mile + up (then back) to/from campus (because our car was broken for a while and then Tim had to use it to drive to work in Orem after it was fixed), eating lots of bean dip for dinner, eating tubs of mint chocolate ice cream, going to the bathroom then walking across the apt to the bathroom sink, not having a microwave, having to use our upstairs neighbors washer/dryer, living so close to my best friends and getting to stop by their apt whenever I wanted, working late at brick oven, but so happy to come home to my sweet husband and surprising him with pizza, date nights at the nicklecade/playing games with friends/walks around Provo/meeting up on campus between our crazy schedules. (Run-on sentence much?) Those times were pretty crazy busy, but I'd go back in a heart beat. 

^New Year's Eve at the Groesbecks! I love playing games, so when the whole night consisted of playing different games (and delicious food) I was very happy. 

^We came back home before midnight and Mom/Dad/Karin went straight to bed, but we stayed up to watch the ball drop....well...at least I did. Happy New Year! I have a feeling 2015 will be the best yet. 

^Mom/Dad/Karin & us went out to see Into the Woods....I thin we were all pretty disappointed. Ah well, "Agony" was hilarious. 

^I went down to Provo to have a sleepover with my girls Kendra and Jenica. We had lots of boy stories to giggle about while we snuggled... :) Oh and we got Cafe Rio too :)


^Tim joined us the next morning and was super awkward while we snuggled on the love sac hahaha

^Tim meeting returned-missionary-Jenica was hilarious. Jenica may or may not have run upstairs becauase she forgot a certain article of clothing, hahaha. The reunion was oh so sweet.

^We went up to campus with the girls and Timmy chivalrously carried all of their newly purchased textbooks. What a guy. 

^I miss living close to these girls so much!! I love them dearly. I am SO glad I got to see them, even for just a little bit on this trip. They make my heart sing with joy!

^This trio had a little lunch date at Zupas! Tim treated us :) and Jenica dished on her boy stories with Tim, he sure does love those! haha. Just like old times. 

^So happy that this beautiful lady came up to say goodbye! Even if her car was having trouble....love her.

^Mom, Dad, Karin, and us went down to Provo to visit the Ashby's new home. We also got some tasty burgers and visited Tyler's family's wood shop. I think both dad and Tim were super jealous. Me too! I want Tim to make me cool stuff! Haha. We dropped off the sibling gift to Steph and Tyler,which was a giant box full of different date nights for each month this year. (Julie was so clever!) This is also the view from their apartment, I'm so jealous. I miss the mountains! I also miss newlywed basement apartments, so so fun. 

We had so much fun during our trip. So glad Tim's parents moved to Utah so we can enjoy it every time we visit them! Can't wait til next time!

2 comments:

  1. D'aw!! I LOVE these pictures! I so wish I could have been there with you and all the girls, too. Everyone looks so happy and beautiful :) How wonderful that y'all could spend an extra week there! Hahahaha ... the parking behind the apartment and Jenica forgetting articles of clothing .... so funny. Timmy, your glasses look very suave -- nice choice, you eye doctor you! I'm so glad you had such a good trip, Nik!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You da best gurrrrlllll. So wish you could have been there! We'll all be together soon enough.... (dum, dum, da dummmmm, dum, dum, da dummmm :D)

      Delete