-Starting to really like being tossed in the air/standing on Tim's hand
(even though he's terrified)
-Getting really very good at moving anywhere and everywhere.
He's got that one arm, one foot scoot down!
-Chasing Odie all over the house. They go back and forth stealing toys.
-Also chasing ME all over the house....
-Favorite food: Steamed broccoli/asparagus.
I think he like that he can hold them and feed himself easily.
4th of July:
Early in the day Tim, Henry, Odie, and I went up to Marietta to watch the small-town parade. We found a nice little shady spot, and I really enjoyed the floats and music. Henry seemed pretty entertained too. My favorite was the Confederate soldiers' float (with cannon!). They also had a (much smaller) Union soldiers float later on.
We got to spend this, my favorite holiday, with some of our great friends from San Antonio! Kaylee and Jesse were out here visiting family, so we got to join them. We bbq'd together, them went to a little parking lot to watch the fireworks. It was a late, long drive home, but we really enjoyed this time we got to spend with them!
We also got to see them when they came downtown (without kids) and we went to Mary Mac's Tea Room restaurant, and just hung out at our apartment (what we do best). It was fun to talk with these guys again, like old time. Kaylee also came down another day (she was here for 3 weeks) and we got free Chick Fil-A together :)
Tim started his new job, and it is a little intimidating. Very fast-paced, and the "mentor" doctors and very intense and strict. We kind of get the feeling that this is going to be a very boot-camp-like experience. Long hours, no breaks, having to coordinate the student interns, preparing lectures/presentation, and doctors that yell at you (in front of patients-foul language included) if you get something wrong. Tim is already pretty stressed, but I hope we can figure out how to balance that better.
This month I have felt pretty lonely and down. I miss my friends in San Antonio, and I miss all the things we had going on during the week. Now I feel a great responsibility to find things to do, and people to do them with, so I don't go crazy. Luckily I have some pretty incredible friends who I can talk to any time I need to, who keep me sane/make me feel loved. We've met a lot of nice people in our ward! I think I am just in a little bit of a funk. I've gone swimming with my neighbor friend and few times, and also another cool girl in the ward I like a lot. Making friends is hard! ha. It feels almost like dating again. I am looking forward to get out of the get-to-know-you phase. On a random note, I've been teaching myself how to French-braid. Exciting stuff.
Other pics/videos from this month:
I have been working on finding new pictures to make a wall collage for a while now.
I wanted it to be just perfect. I'm pretty happy about how it turned out. (Loving these built-ins too).
It's hot.
Terrible mom moment....I left Henry on the bed for one minute
while I ran to the bathroom (granted, I thought he was passed out)
and he fell off. I just held him and cried. And then cried every time
I saw his bruised head. Grateful babies are so resilient.
The public libraries are pretty great and do various activities
during the week. We met up with some friends (friends!)
and went to lego time together :)
Books I've read this month: The third (and final) book of the Mistborn trilogy. Oh my goodnes---one of the best trilogy endings I have ever read. I was very impressed and satisfied. I really like Sci-fi books. I had updated my Goodreads account that I finished this book, and my friend Michael sent me this incredibly long email about why Brandon Sanderson is amazing. Apparently Mistborn is only one piece of a giant master plan/universe of stories. A little overwhelming, haha, but when Michael is passionate about something that is usually how it goes. I loved it. I was texting Kristi during this, and I was laughing SO hard in bed, at like midnight, at their shenanigans. Best friends. I wish we lived closer to them!
On the 30th Tim and I had our 5th wedding anniversary! I feel like that is a big deal. We didn't really celebrate it on the actual day though....because Mom, Dakota, and Gurpreet, and Mason drove down to spend a week with us!!!! (More on that in another post...and don't worry, Tim and I still celebrated our anniversary too.)
Holy 5 years, that is a big one!!! Congratulations, you two :) Five years and still the cutest couple on the block ;) You inspire me! So I cannot believe he loves steamed broccoli haha, Lucy won't touch it with a ten feet pole, no matter how small I chop it up. She does like stick food shapes though to feed herself, like cheeseticks or celery. It is adorable how Odie goes with y'all everywhere. Quintessential American family with their dawg :) Love it! Haha I laughed at the mention of the "much smaller" union float. You are so good at seizing the day and taking advantage of fun things!! You should do a whole post about your Atlanta bucket list :) I still think it's so lame that the doctors treat the residency like "boot camp," rather than, you know, a professional job and experience. I hope the atmosphere has eased up from those initial fear-based tactics ... :P I wish I could have given you a big hug every day when you were feeling sad (and eery day regardless!). New chapters ARE hard, and so is the whole "get to know you phase." It can get lonely. I'm glad you're getting to meet more people and doing your bucket list together! Such a good idea. Also I have totally felt the mom guilt of allowing my child to get hurt and crying when I see the evidence of it for days thereafter ... it's no fun every time, even if I *know* I can't be watching her every single millisecond. It still hurts I know :/ I'm so sorry that happened!! You are seriously my role model with all your reading, girl. Amazing!! I still think your soul sisters book club is a good idea! Thank you for not one but TWO glorious blog posts!! LOVE Y'ALL SO MUCH!!
Holy 5 years, that is a big one!!! Congratulations, you two :) Five years and still the cutest couple on the block ;) You inspire me! So I cannot believe he loves steamed broccoli haha, Lucy won't touch it with a ten feet pole, no matter how small I chop it up. She does like stick food shapes though to feed herself, like cheeseticks or celery. It is adorable how Odie goes with y'all everywhere. Quintessential American family with their dawg :) Love it! Haha I laughed at the mention of the "much smaller" union float. You are so good at seizing the day and taking advantage of fun things!! You should do a whole post about your Atlanta bucket list :) I still think it's so lame that the doctors treat the residency like "boot camp," rather than, you know, a professional job and experience. I hope the atmosphere has eased up from those initial fear-based tactics ... :P I wish I could have given you a big hug every day when you were feeling sad (and eery day regardless!). New chapters ARE hard, and so is the whole "get to know you phase." It can get lonely. I'm glad you're getting to meet more people and doing your bucket list together! Such a good idea. Also I have totally felt the mom guilt of allowing my child to get hurt and crying when I see the evidence of it for days thereafter ... it's no fun every time, even if I *know* I can't be watching her every single millisecond. It still hurts I know :/ I'm so sorry that happened!! You are seriously my role model with all your reading, girl. Amazing!! I still think your soul sisters book club is a good idea! Thank you for not one but TWO glorious blog posts!! LOVE Y'ALL SO MUCH!!
ReplyDelete