For our wedding Tim and I got a ton of camping stuff but
we just haven’t really had the chance to use it…until our weekend
trip to Bryce Canyon that is! Oh yeah. This was right at the top of our summer
to do list and since we had a nice 4 day weekend for Memorial Day we decided
that that was a great time to do it. Tim’s buddies Colby, his wife Christine,
Coleman, and his wife Xochi joined us to make it extra fun.
We stayed at this little campground 5 minutes from Bryce
canyon that had a lake, a cute little stream, and lots of beautiful pine trees!
I loved that we got some green in with all that red rock. Tim and I got to the
campground a little earlier than everyone else and we got everything set up. It
was SO windy though, so we pretty much had to weigh everything down with
rocks. We explored a little around the lake before everyone came- and
when they did we were sooo ready for those tin foil dinners!
We had so much fun just hanging around the fire with everyone making lots of
s’mores of course! (Have I mentioned we are obsessed with s’mores?) The next
morning Colby and Christine made a delicious meal of breakfast burritos with
eggs, sausage, salsa, and cheese. Mmm mmm! Oh, did I mention that it hailed on
us that morning!? Insane. We played games inside of their tent until it stopped
so we could go hiking. Eventually it did stop and we warmed up a bit, so we
left to go hiking around Bryce Canyon. Can I just say- BEUUUTIFUL! The views
were spectacular, and it was funny seeing how much Timmy was afraid of the
edge. It was so windy while we were hiking that we were afraid we’d blow off!
We
hiked all the way down into the canyon then all the way back up. Good thing
Coleman and Xochi provided lovely sack lunches for the hike because we were
starving. By the time we got back to the campground we were ready to start
making some dindin. We had chili dogs, chips, and baked beans and of course
some more s’mores for dessert! I love camping food!
Everyone
else left us Saturday night, but Tim and I left Sunday morning. It was so
peaceful to wake up early and just enjoy this beautiful world that was made for
us. Tim and I made some oatmeal and hot cocoa for breakfast, and were so content just to sit
around the warm fire. We packed up pretty early and made the trek back home-
very stinky and so very happy.
 |
| Just a cow in the road on our drive down, no big. |
 |
| The beautiful Pine Lake |
|
|
 |
| Our campsite |
 |
| WE LOVE S'MORES. |
 |
| Bryce Canyon! |
 |
| The whole gang! |
 |
| Don't feed the wildlife.... |
The squirrels in Bryce are so aggressive! Last time I went there, one jumped on my knee, stole a Cheez-it from my hand, and then nibbled it...without leaving my leg. It was kind of freaky :)
ReplyDelete