Do you believe in miracles? I have been too blessed not to. To me, miracles are any manifestation of God's hand in our lives. One miracle that I am so grateful for every. single. day. is that of where I was guided to live my freshman year of college, and the amazing girls I met there.
Whitney was the perfect roommate for me, and right from the start Jenica, Kendra, Kristi, and I were an inseparable foursome. I have learned so much from these wonderful friends and they have truly helped me become who I am today. Our little theme song is "Hey Soul Sister" by Train, and yes, we often coordinate our dance moves together as we listen to it, and yes we shout at the top of our lungs at the "I'M SO OBSESSED" part, just as any best friends would. I have truly felt that "I can be myself now finally" when I'm with them.
We have shared SO many wonderful memories from Taylor hall, to the Colony, to our lives as they have lead us down different paths, all the while still inseparable at heart. Here are just a few of my favorite memories with mah gurrrls...
 |
| Truly eternal friends! |
 |
| Birthday Ninjas. | | |
 |
| This is from our trip to New Hampshire the summer after our freshman year, reunited again! Kendra met up with me in Jersey, and we got to experience the Joisy Shore together as well as visit NYC! Then we trained it up to Jenica's house, met her chinchillas, then road tripped to NH! We had so much fun saying goodbye to a good friend as he left on his mission, and spending the nights laughing away. |
 |
| Jenica's birthday adventure! Gosh it was just so much fun to all be roommates that year, it was like an extended sleepover with your best friends! |
 |
| Who doesn't love cuddle time on the love sac!? |
 |
| This day was so joyous! We shouted our memorized anthem of "The Fellowship of the Unashamed" from the mountaintop, ate jelly beans, and just tried to savor every single blissful moment. |
|
|
 |
| We took a little triperooski to Jenica's grandmas in Manti! We sat around the kitchen table making homemade chicken soup, we went to the temple together, tried the "green wonder smoothies"...and had to quickly follow up with some dove chocolate, oh and speaking of dove chocolates...I'm pretty sure Jenica and I took a little too many from the Relief Society bowl... |
 |
| A little true blue fun anyone? |
 |
| Seriously- the. best. bridesmaids I could have ever asked for! They all made sure this day was so perfect. They picked up the flowers, set up/decorated the reception hall, put together our picture slideshow, gosh the list can go on and on! I'm so grateful they all came to Utah to celebrate this day with Tim and I. |
 |
| Our trip to St. Geezy! We cuddled by the fire, ate amazing Mama Gasser food, went out to a fancy dinner, played games, talked about boys and love (of course), watched Whitney run her race, and just had so much fun! |
 |
| April 2012 we all reunited in Texas for Ms. Kristi Kay's wedding!! This was just a dream come true...as we had pretty much talked about going to Texas together ever since we went to NH together...who knew it would've been for Kristi's wedding! We spent time boating, aching from soreness and burnt skin, taking silly pictures in the photo booth, pampering Kristi for her special day, preparing the house for the reception, and we just so much enjoyed each others company. I am so grateful we got to be there for her wedding day, and I am so so grateful I was able to witness Kristi be sealed for eternity to the love of her life! |
 |
| It was so wonderful to see my favorite girls again in Utah over Christmas break! My joy was so full! |
 |
| It was so so amazing to be able to go to the temple together. I believe that in the temple families can be sealed together, but I also believe that we have eternal friends as well. |
 |
| Then.... |
 |
| And now... :) |
I thought as Tim and I moved to Texas my heart would break from sadness leaving these dear, dear friends of mine. They mean so much to me! But as we returned to Utah over Christmas break and I was able to be reunited with them, I realized that no matter how far we may be from each other, this friendship is meant to last (a tad bit cheesy, but true!). It honestly felt like no time had passed since we were last together, and this brought me so much comfort as we are all about to be separated for even longer as Whitney is serving a mission in Finland, Kendra in Cambodia, and Jenica soon in Brazil for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Sometimes when I think about this for too long I just start crying like a baby, not that I am not so thrilled and excited that they are willing to serve the Lord, but I am just going to miss them so darn much. I feel so blessed. I am so grateful for my soul sisters :)
"Why! Who makes much of miracles? As to me I know of nothing else but miracles..."
AHHHHH!!! This is truly the best post in the history of blogging. I loved it muy mucho much. So fun to see our timeline together :) And the "Then" and "Now" pics are particularly hilarious. It was so good to see you over break, and I agree, it hardly felt like time had passed--which is comforting indeed. I'm not sure everyone finds what we all found in each other. Just another blessing from Heavenly Father to help us know that he knows us so well and takes care of us! I love you Nikki-poo!
ReplyDeleteHaha it's only the best post because of YOU! We are so blessed! I love you!
ReplyDelete