Well I can officially be declared the worst blogger in the world! I think it is about time I fill y'all in with what is going on in our little life!
Let's see...Tim has been going strong and this time 2 weeks from now he will be done with his first year of Optometry school! I don't know who's more excited...him or me. I am so ready to have a husband back! He's been working so hard and I am so grateful that he loves what he is doing. I like to say he's playing doctor as he's been practicing a lot for his practical exam. The night before his exam he was at school studying very late and he texted me "Eye exam date?" It was so fun. He's my favorite.
Tim also got accepted for a research position on campus this summer. He will be working with one of his professors studying new tests of color sensitivity and visual electro-diagnosis. Kinda neat. This will not only be financially beneficial, but it will be great experience for Tim as he wants to do a residency (as of now) after he's done with school. He also wants to participate in a Spanish for Optometrists class this summer too.
I have been blessed to be able to work at 2 part-time jobs that I am loving. My first is with the city as a manager for a couple different Senior Centers in town. I love working with my seniors, 99.9% of them are Hispanic- which means I have felt so welcomed from the very start- oh and endless tacos. My favorite part is every first Friday of the month they have a birthday fiesta where they bring in a mariachi band and they party from 9 am on! I am so impressed with how well these seniors can dance! My other job is working with the City's Health Department Chief of Epidemiology. We have been working on tracking down a little outbreak at a hospital and the usual Pertussis cases. I have really enjoyed this job. Finally! A job where I am required to use my degree! Ah! I never knew how joyous this would feel! Oh and not having to work on weekends is the best. I am really hoping this will lead to a full time position with the health department in the near future!
Some other exciting news! We have a couple of fun trips planned for this summer! In June we are headed out to San Francisco for Tim's friend's wedding. I am really excited to explore this city I've never been to, oh and do it with Timmy. I love traveling with him. THEN in July we booked a trip to MEXICO! Woohoooo!! I am BEYOND EXCITED! We are going for our 2nd year anniversary! Wowzers. This will be my first trip out of the states. It will be an adventure!
Here are a few pictures too!
 |
| Last time with all my girls before Kendra and Jenica left for their missions! Kristi and I miss them too much already. |
 |
| Tim and I got Sea World passes! The dolphins are my favorite part!! I could stay here all day. |
 |
| Sometimes we stay up until 2 a.m. doing puzzles.... |
 |
| I made a trip home and got to see the fambam! SO fun! |
 |
| I also got to see my dearest Jenica!! She is serving a mission in Brazil for our church for the next 18 months! I miss her terribly already! But I'm so glad I got to see her before she left! |
 |
| Tim and I got to go to a Padres baseball game! They lost...but that was to be expected...I love watching games with Timmy though- he has so much passion for the game. |
 |
| We went to the Poteet Strawberry festival with our good friends Kaylee and Jesse and little Rhett! Festivals always sound more fun than how they really are...but we got a funnel cake and super-sugary lemonade and got to see a rodeo and hypnotist show and had good company so it was a good time. |
 |
| O.W.L. aka Optometry wives league! These girls are so fun! Love the endless baby showers! |
 |
| Nothin' better than a good ole girls brunch. I am so grateful for the good friends we've made in the ward! |
So yeah. Life is awesome. I am excited for summa time...although not too excited for the death of Texas heat. We'll see if we survive...
First of all - MEXICO! I hope you have so much fun!! That's such an adventure!!!!! I can't wait to see all your pics! :D Next time we're in Texas, we should meet y'all in Galveston and take off on a couples cruise . . . Congrats to Timmy on his first year of optometry school! He sounds like he's working so hard. I love that you're working at an epidemiology center - reminds me of epidemic (did you ever play that with us?) And haha no worries . . . you'll survive the heat. You always wanted a nice tan, right? I love and miss you!
ReplyDeleteSeriously- oh yes to the cruise. That needs to happen. It would be a dream to do that with you guys! And yes- we've played epidemic together- one of the only games that we could all be happy playing haha. And I want a nice tan-but that means I have to go outside-in the humid heat. haha. I LOVE YOU!
ReplyDelete