Saturday, January 18, 2014

A Jersey Christmas '13

Going home to New Jersey for Christmas was such a treat. Tim and I kept very busy over the 8-9 days we were out there visiting with family and close friends and eating lots and lots of pizza (I am pretty sure we tried to fit in a slice at least once a day.) I love my family, even if they are a little more loud than I am used to ;) and we had such a good time with them. I'm so grateful my dad was able to be off so much from work to be able to spend time with us! (He had to request off last January!)

Here are some pictures to tell the story....

On our first day out in Jersey my brother Anthony, his girlfriend Briana, my sister Chelsea, and Tim and I braved the mall so some of us could do a little bit of last minute shopping. I was literally appalled by the lack of kindness the people in the mall showed us as we asked a couple of them to take a picture of all 5 of us in front of the tree-most people would not even acknowledge that I spoke to them! I couldn't believe it. Very stark in contrast to the kind people of Texas. But anyway, ranting aside, we had a lot of fun together :)

After the mall Anthony treated us all out to our favorite Hibachi grill for lunch! It's so fun to have grown-up siblings!

On Christmas Eve Tim and I visited with Gram at her new apartment and we shared gifts and stories! I love my Grandma, she is so spirited and fun to be around. We brought a pizza over and we talked for hours. (I may or may not have thrown down half that pie all by myself....) We gave her a picture block I had made (Tim tied the bow) that had pictures of her and I from the time I was a baby to now. She loved it. She also gave me that beautiful necklace I'm wearing there-it was hers-and I will cherish it forever!
Twinsies :)
 Mandatory Wawa run for hot chocolate one cold night. I loved spending time with my siblings now that they are growing up and want to talk with me more haha. (Side note: my family is pretty much addicted to Wawa and stops there almost every time they leave the house....I mean...I totally would too if I had one on every block down the street! That would be a problem...and very tasty problem).

Christmas tree and lots of stockings!
Everyone hanging around on Christmas morning! It was a little strange not waking up and running downstairs to open presents this year. We didn't even go downstairs until after 10 I'm pretty sure. A lot of people went to the farm to take care of the horses first while Chell and I made a delicious breakfast feast. Then we ate the feast when everyone returned and THEN proceeded to exchange gifts. I must say it felt a little wrong to shower before opening gifts on Christmas morning!

Yup, I made 'em cry! Success! 

Oh, and I made these guys cry too! Double success! (I made all the grandparents picture blocks.) We spent Christmas evening at the Z's where Grandma and Grandpa made a delicious dinner (Thanksgiving again pretty much) and we exchanged gifts for each other. It was so fun to see cousins that were just babies last time I was home!
Gurpreet looks really excited....haha
I am totally into Dakota's rad red hair.

Dad loves taking pictures with me :) ....his shirt says "Stop picturing me naked"...slightly inappropriate, but also hilarious.

Christmas night Tim and I went over to the Dwyers'! I love the Dwyers. Amy and I were the best of friends in high school and the Dwyers became my second family. It was so much fun to catch up with everyone and reminisce about good ole times....Uncle Bob, and Aunt Kelly, Uncle Bob and Aunt Kelly, Uncle Bob and Aunt Kelly Uncle Bob and Aunt Kelly.....

The day after Christmas Mom, Chell, me and Timmy took a mini trip to the city when Mom was going to a doctor's appointment there. So Mom drove us in...which was...uh exciting. Tim and I may or may not have been holding hands very tightly in the back seat praying we made it there and back alive! haha. When Mom was in her appointment Tim and I grabbed some hot caramel apple spices from Starbucks and walked around Central Park (the doctor's office was right on 5th Ave which was convenient.) Then we spent a couple hours together at the Met. I wish we had more time to see the tree and shop windows decorated for Christmas, but that will just have to wait for next time. 
We couldn't figure out why the Egyptians had such prominent nipples....
 On our way home we stopped at my Great Aunt and Uncles house to visit! It was so nice since we haven't seen them in a VERY long time!

 Tim loved going on walks with me, can't you tell? He wasn't so bummed when we stopped at the bagel shop to bring fresh and delicious breakfast home for everyone though.

We got to go to one of my brother's wrestling matches! He's the tall lanky green bean on the left :)

We had so much fun with Gurpreet over the week. He's becoming such a sweet and fun young man! I'm so proud. (Also my dad calls him "Girlpreet" sometimes...and that's funny.)

Auntie Kathy and Uncle Jay came by to visit too! I love these two, they are amazing. And they brought us lots of trinkets from Amish Country!

We also got to spend time with Grandma Bernadette! I just love her! We played lots of fun games with the family that night.

Mom and Dad took everyone upstate for a snow tubing adventure! It was so fun to spend that quality time with everyone!
One night Tim and I went over to the Olsen's to play games and meet up with Jess and her beau. I love these guys. They have had such a great impact on my life!

New Years Eve poor Timmy was terribly sick with the flu. (I got my flu shot!) He literally slept all day. It was a big bummer that he wasn't able to come with us as we celebrated at our favorite neighbor's house like we do every year, but I made sure to run home blowing my horn to give him a new years kiss! He wasn't toooo happy about being woken up by the horn though for some reason....

I love these 2!
On our last day at home my family we FINALLY all got together to play games. I had been begging everyone to play games relentlessly pretty much every day, and we did play some, but new PS4's and football games sometimes got in the way. When we did play though we had such a blast. My favorites were the Ellen game-Head's Up-and Catch Phrase.
No big, just Maggie wearing shoes.
It was sad to leave everyone on New Years day, but we were so grateful for the time we were able to share together. I have to admit it was so nice to come home to our own bed (and not have to sleep in Chelsea's twin anymore) away from the 10 cats, 3 dogs, parrot, and chickens though. We definitely created a lot of fun memories over this trip. I'm so grateful for a good job that allowed me to have so much time off. We can't wait to be with the Zimmerman clan again!

No comments:

Post a Comment