Thursday, January 30, 2014

The BEST weekend/Tim's birthday celebrations

Tim's birthday weekend was just perfect. I don't know how to describe it any other way...Alan Jackson knew how to say it best, we were "livin' on love." 

Saturday Tim woke up really early to go play basketball with some friends while I went with a good friend to a Relief Society brunch/get to know you activity. I just love our ward! I got to spend time with so many women I truly admire.

Tim and Dan kindly waited for us to return from the church so I could go on the fishing trip to the Guadalupe river with them (it's kind of hard for Rachel and I to pull away from talking....). I seriously needed this little adventure. Being stuck in an office all day, then running around either going to my nannying job, leading activity days, exercising, or taking care of all those annoying little errands (like grocery shopping), it has been hard to find time to just sit and breath and enjoy nature. It was so refreshing to just be outside, away from busy life, and enjoy this beautiful earth Heavenly Father created. It rejuvenates my soul!

Tim and Dan fished while I happily read on the shore in the warm sunshine, occasionally dipping my feet in the cold water. Ah, I'm ready to go back! The boys caught like 20 trout, but could only keep 10. It was very impressive, apparently for everyone else fishing there too because they were the only ones catching anything!
The spoils of the trip!
My happy place :)
Tim said I reminded him of Frodo Baggins. haha.
Later that night Tim and I went to the hockey game Tim gave me for Christmas-just so happened that this was $1 hot dog night...Tim definitely strategically planned that. I loved it! I had never been to a hockey game before so my first experience was a great one! Sometimes I feel like a crazy-fool because I am the only one who cheers or dances along with the music...Tim just sits quitely and is very attentive like a lame-o, haha. We had a lot of fun though :)


Sunday we had a lovely relaxing day at church then a lovely dinner with friends and neighbors (little Ella  was the first to sing happy birthday to Tim!)

Monday we both enjoyed sleeping in since we both had off work/school. I snuck out of bed and "forced" Tim to stay there while I made breakfast. I brought waffles, homemade whipped cream, strawberries, and bacon up to Tim in bed. I love that tradition. Is there anything better than that?
We took the rest of the morning nice and slow, and opened presents. Mid afternoon we headed downtown to explore and enjoy the beautiful weather. On our way there we stopped at Wendy's for frosties and fries (because you can do whatever you want on your birthday, right?) We enjoyed walking around hand in hand and getting to know this city we live in a little bit better, we also took a river boat tour. The we walked over for dinner (had to ask someone where it was (sneakily too so Tim wouldn't hear)...and it was right behind me...I felt really dumb-bad signing though!) I surprised Tim with Texas de Brazil for dinner! (I had a BYGO coupon too! Sa-weet!) It's his fav-what guy wouldn't like all you can eat meat!? Honestly, we were a little disappointed with this place (definitely doesn't compare to Tuscanos!) but we still enjoyed it and stuffed our selves.

Great wrapping job, eh?
I love his face as he's trying to figure out what I got him....It was a book I put together of guitar songs and tabs I had written out! Now he doesn't have to read from his tiny Ipad!
On your birthday you can get ice cream whenever you want.
Don't mess with Texas!
Davy Crockett! Turns out he wasn't a very good guy....
Coolest store of miniature war figurines. So detailed!

Bring on the Meat!
Over dinner I asked Tim what some of his goals for his 27th year are, and what were some things he enjoyed while being 26th. Tim just said he doesn't want anything other than what he had last year. Really insightful babe, haha. After dinner we walked back to the car then headed home to watch The Hobbit to end the perfect night.

I'm just so grateful for all the time I was able to spend with Timmy. I truly cherish every minute we get to spend together, and when we're apart count down the time until I get to see him again. That's what really made that weekend so special. I can't believe he's 27!

4 comments:

  1. This is the cutest!! Way to be so on top of blogging! :) I'm a little bummed I didn't know it was His birthday.... Did Dan know?!? We totally dropped the ball on that one! that breakfast in bed is like! almost making me angry right now that I can't have any. And Wendy's frosty and fries?? I can't handle it. But that's not the point.,,,.. Whata. Fun weekend!! Peso glad you're joyed your time together. And tell Tim if he doesn't want anything he didn't have this past year then he is too content and needs to break free and break out of his comfort zone!!! Like dancing at sporting events... I'm always dancing like crazy too while Dan sits and watches, a little em barraged. I guess we better go to a game together! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have all these posts written out (mostly) it's finding time to add the pictures that I struggle with-but I want to document everything! Tim is always very quiet about his birthday...and I've learned that that is what he really wants-which has been a learning process (I mean who wouldn't want to celebrate with people!?) He doesn't like the spotlight on him-so trust me-he was not upset that no one knew! So you didn't drop the ball at all! And I agree-he does need to break out of that comfort zone! We definitely need to go to a game together....then our husbands can look at BOTH of us like we're crazy and they can share in the embarrassment of having awesome wives together! ;)

      Delete
  2. Ah you're fishing trip looks so fun! I hope Tim had a happy birthday. I would totally have danced with you at the hockey game :) And that waffle looks SO GOOD. Love me some waffles. I laughed out loud at your Davy Crockett comment ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are the best sporting event dance partner :) I love your love of waffles. Whenever we have them I think of you! And seriously--Davy Crockett is the WORST! I wish we could do outdoor adventures with you guys all the time. I miss that.

      Delete