So back in January....we bought our first car together! Ugh, I hated car shopping...well, I mostly hated the sleezy car salesman that I felt were trying to rip us off every way they possibly could. We ended up getting this beautiful Honda CRV. This car was our dream car, so it was amazing to find one in our price range and in excellent condition- we couldn't pass it up! And we got it from a no-haggle place so that was kind of a relief. Tim and I were such a good team on that stressful purchase...it gives me hope for the future when we buy a home (we sometimes worry, usually while we watch HGTV, that we are never going to be able to settle on a house we can both agree on...).
We also celebrated Tim's 28th birthday in January! (So now we're in that awkward stage where he's 5 years older than me.....Tim said he sometimes lies about my age to people haha. Craddle robber.) We pretty much partied all weekend......Saturday we went to the temple together, I always leave feeling so refreshed and at peace afterwards. I was reminded that Heavenly Father is aware of the desires and achings of my heart, and when I remember that I don't feel so lost or left behind. After the temple we went to the Alamo Draft House (a movie theater that serves food like a restaurant while you watch your movie! And free tickets make it even better:). We saw Unbroken and ate way too much food. And after thhhhhhat we went up to Austin for an incredible fondue night at the Thomas' with the Giffhorns and Birds. These friends make me feel so happy and so loved. Oh, and the food was outstanding too, as per usge.
Sunday before church we had an epic cheeseball catching competition. Tim is my favorite.
On Monday we went to the Humane Society (as per Tim's wishes) to pet/walk the dogs (woohoo for Martin Luther King Day!). He's a little obsessed with dogs.....like he seriously researches dog breeds in the evenings- for fun. On Tuesday (his actual bday) we went to the Outback (woohoo for free giftcards!) followed by a hockey game. I love this man of mine and I'm so grateful to have him as my partner forever!
![]() |
| On Monday we met this sweet fella.....more about him later ;) |
We also got our Xmas package from Mom and Dad Z------with Jersey Bagels!!!!! :D Unfortunately the pizza didn't make it, sad day. Although Tim still tried to eat it even though I warned him repeatedly. Yeah, one bite in and he decided to toss it. We are so spoiled. These are our excited pictures we sent them when we opened the box....
Oh, and there were also these 2 adorable old men that went to see it in their finest suits and top hats. I took a creeper shot to remember them!
Also in January a very special and exciting thing happened.....my dearest, sweet Kristi Kay became a mama to little Lucy Jane! Kristi is one of my best friends from BYU that has truly become one of my soul sisters. She has always had a mother's heart, and has always taken care of and nurtured everyone she meets. She is going to be an amazing mother. We did a little video chatting to meet the sweet little angel! It is so unreal that Kristi has A BABY now! My heart is seriously aching to actually meet Lucy and visit with Kristi....ah
We also got a special delivery from our favorite Girl Scout of GS cookies! All the way from Arizona. Yum! We ordered 4 boxes....you know....to support our neice....that's the only reason......











No comments:
Post a Comment