Friday, March 27, 2015

Tim the cockroach slayer

I just had to record this story for posterity's sake. I was laughing to myself all the way to work....

This morning while I was blow drying my hair, I saw out of the corner of my eye a massive cockroach climbing on the wall near the bathtub.
I HATE, WITH AN UNDYING PASSSION, NASTY COCKROACHES. So I started calling for Tim to come kill it. (Odie is useless when it comes to bugs by the way. He was just laying there are my feet totally clueless.) Tim came to my rescue!

He had a giant wad of paper towels in his hand and he shuddered a little when he saw the monster. It was too high up for him to reach, so he just watched it creepily crawl until it moved to above the sink. I told him to climb up and get it! He shuts me out and I hear him say, "Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya, prepare to die!" And, "If you hear any screaming it's the cockroach, not me!" I was dying. 

I creaked open the door because I had to witness this. He proceeded to climb onto the sink counter but then backs down and yelped a little. He goes up a second time, but when we goes to hit the disgusting creature- IT FALLS ONTO THE GROUND. I WAS STANDING ON THE GROUND.

So we're both screaming and Tim is frantically trying to catch it, whack, miss, whack, miss, whack miss. Then, as he goes for the next whack the paper towel slips AND HE CRUSHES IT WITH HIS. HAND. HIS HAND! (He then ran out shrieking, looking a lot like this....)
I was left with the duty to make sure it was dead. Boy was it. Disgusting. Worth it to see Tim's face though! He told me later, "I will never do that again. You must become the roach smasher." Ha, yeah right. 

Well, that sure was an eventful morning! 

3 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHA! This is an awesome story but I am so so sorry -- Texas cockroaches really are the worst. I can't believe Timmy smooshed it with his HAND!! That could not have been pleasant ... Sounds like y'all need to train Odie to be the roach smasher :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! I am sitting at the computer, by myself, laughing. This is hilarious! We have plenty of cockroach stories, but none quite this good! And the new puppy is so cute, glad he is turning out to be a better fit then the last pup. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you guys. I was seriously laughing so hard, and I still laugh to myself every time I think of this...haha. Miss you too Jocelyn! Hope all is well in your new home! Give us some blog updates!

    ReplyDelete