Henry
This little angel has been so fun. He is talking/babbling so much more, rolling over like a champ, giggling every time he sees me, sucking on his tongue, and being a major heart-throb in general. He's getting more and more mobile too....we'll put him to bed facing one direction in his crib...and later we'll find that he did a complete 180. He went on his first long road trip this month (to Arizona to meet his Aunt and Uncle and cousins!), and he was a complete angel the entire trip.
He's started doing this excited laugh/cry when he's hungry and I ask him if he's ready for some milk...or if I just look in his direction. It's the cutest thing. He's also more interested in touching my face and mouth while he eats, and it melts my heart every time. He also loves touching Daddy's face when he;s holding him. One of Daddy and my favorite things is when Henry gives us big, slobbery "kisses" on our cheeks, while holding our faces in his teeny hands.
Here are lots of pictures and videos of Henry from this month!



He's started doing this excited laugh/cry when he's hungry and I ask him if he's ready for some milk...or if I just look in his direction. It's the cutest thing. He's also more interested in touching my face and mouth while he eats, and it melts my heart every time. He also loves touching Daddy's face when he;s holding him. One of Daddy and my favorite things is when Henry gives us big, slobbery "kisses" on our cheeks, while holding our faces in his teeny hands.
Here are lots of pictures and videos of Henry from this month!
^Tummies up!
^Always reaching for those toes...
^Milk drunk at it's finest
^Henry was attacked with stickers while I was at my piano lesson....poor guy
doesn't like them as much as his dad.
^Meeting Daddy for lunch dates are our most favorite.
^GG sent us a fun little spring package :)
Timmy

^Henry loves listening to Daddy play the guitar.

^Family selfie after our match-day lunch date

This month we got to do a couple fun dates together. We went to the San Antonio Rodeo Grounds...which was a major fiasco haha. Here's the story: Well...once we finally parked and waited in the long entrance line...we were told the $1 admission was no longer available and that it would cost $20 instead. So after crying (I'm a mess), Tim said we should go anyway. So we went to the back of the credit card line and waited another 25 min....then I had to use the bathroom really badly, but after going I realized there was no more toilet paper in my porta potty...then Tim got 10 tickets to play some games...then we realized they didn't take tickets at the games-only cash....(luckily we found someone to buy back our tickets)...then we decided to get $1 hot dogs and drinks...and after waiting in that line for 25 min we were rudely told they weren't doing $1 hot dogs any more (even though the people at the ticket booth said they would have them all night)...but we were too cheap to buy any other food, so we left hungry...then we saw the petting zoo but decided to watch the pig races first...then after those we walked over to the animal area and it was CLOSED...then we were inside the arena area and we saw one horse competition then they closed too. The most annoying part is we totally could've gone in and got the $1 admission, but we were taking our time at the car feeding the baby and meandering in. Ah well. Luckily, Tim is so wonderful and we just laughed at the insane unluckiness of our night.^Henry loves listening to Daddy play the guitar.
On March 7th, we woke up to some pretty disappointing news. Tim didn't match with a residency program. It has rough. Instead of celebrating over lunch, we were scrambling to find an unmatched program that was worth it, during Tim's break. It was so hard for me to see Tim's dreams crushed a little. We looked over the list, and none of the places were very appealing to us. We considered just going into a career after graduation, but I know Tim was a little disappointed with that thought-he's been planning on doing this residency for so long! The hardest part was that we were so excited to finally know where we were going to be and what we'd be doing...but instead we were still stuck in limbo. It was also difficult because so many people were asking where we matched, and over and over again we had to tell them we didn't and we weren't sure what we were going to do. Luckily, we have so many good friends here who have been in similar situations where things don't work out necessarily how you hoped they would, but turn out to be even better than imagined.
^Family selfie after our match-day lunch date
Two residencies on the list stood out to Tim as programs he'd be interested in...one in Atlanta, and one in Baltimore. (Both of these programs were Omni Eye Services locations-which are the same as the program he loved in Denver.) He contacted both and Atlanta was very excited about him and interviewed him right away. Baltimore also seemed very excited that he was interested, but they were extremely unorganized and that really turned us off. Atlanta extended Tim the position, and after deeply discussing and praying extensively about it, we decided to accept it. It felt right. Turns out the Atlanta program is one of the most prestigious in the country, and the only reason that had a spot open in the scramble is because they were just granted a fourth resident position after the initial residency match. We felt really lucky to be able to get into such a great location.
So at the end of May (our contract here ends May 31st) we will be packing up and making the 15 hour trek to our new home in Atlanta! Crazy! The residency begins July 1st, so we will get to have the entire months of May and June off together. So excited about that. Atlanta is certainly not what we were expecting, but we weren't exactly planning on moving to Texas either. We know that the Lord has directed us before, and we have no doubt we are going where He needs us, and where we'll be most happy, once again. It's taken me a little longer to wrap my head around Atlanta, mostly because I hate change and I'm so sad to leave our home in San Antonio, but I am excited for this new adventure! Tim is really excited about it too. And we'll finally be within driving distance of family!
Nikki
We went on a double date with our friends Maddie and Tyler to Torchy's Tacos, where I got the Roscoe---a chicken, waffle, egg, bacon, and syrup taco. It was surprisingly delicious!
We also attended a farewell get together for our friends the Birds. It's so sad to see the ending of an era-our time here in San Antonio is coming to a close. I pretty much cry every Sunday at church because that means we're one week closer to leaving.
This month for bookclub I read "Mistborn," by Brian Snaderson. It's a captivating sci-fi series that I couldn't put down--which helped me get through at all 600+ pages haha. I love books that you get lost in! Tim and I also started the "Mindy Project" tv series and love it. Most nights you can find us watching that or House Hunters or Chopped. We've also been playing a lot of Carcassone lately, which is really fun. Henry and I have also been visiting our sweet friends Maria and Julia every Monday, where we do puzzles (and Maria tries to sneak Henry some whipped cream haha). It's such a highlight of our week!

It's so fun to catch up on your blog! I am glad things are working out and I'm impressed with your optimism and faith! You guys have great things coming your way! We miss you!
ReplyDeleteOH.MY.WORD. Heart throb indeed!! That first photo is precious! He has such a perfect smile. It’s impossible not to smile back! I can’t wait to put bow ties on a baby boy :) I loved witnessing in LA how he giggles whenever he sees you! So stinkin’ sweet! It’s so funny how squirmy he is while sleeping. He is such a road warrior as well. Hahaha the hysteric laugh/cry is hilarious, I’m sure. And the kisses! Oh how i want one right now!! I felt so bad for you that day about the residency … I knew it must be so frustrating to still be in limbo. I think you’re right, and everything will turn out better than you imagined! I mean, dang, the turning out to be prestigious-ness, and how they only just barely opened a new slot? Perfect :) We’re so excited for y’all. But hey, if you’d rather ditch Atlanta to come work in Pullman, that’s cool with me too!!! I hope you’re able to relax a little and have some fun during your two months off. I have no doubt you’ll find ways to live it up!
ReplyDeleteAnd ok, another OH.MY.WORD. for that rodeo!! After every sentence, i was like, please no, stop, not something else!! I would have been crying too haha. Ugh. I’m glad y’all are able to laugh it off … sheesh! Apparently, you were not meant to enjoy that one haha.
LOLZ Michael would look at you sternly for butchering Brandon’s beloved name like that. I told him you loved Mistborn, and he replied, “HAS SHE READ BOOK TWO AND THREE?” So, yeah, better get on that :) I enjoyed the Mistborn series, but it was a bit “epic” for me. We’re reading the Alloy of Law series right now, and that’s way more fun! Gun-slinging, allomantic cowboys. Aw, Carcassonne. How we wish we could be playing games with y’all!
It’s certainly ok to be sad as you get ready to leave Texas … I have zero doubts that you will be greatly missed as well. I’ve loved hearing about all the people you’ve met and who've touched your life too. You'll carry them in your heart always! This summer is going to be exciting! I love you!!