Monday, April 18, 2016

Valentine's Day 2016

Valentine's celebrations this year were pretty laid back and simple, but I got to spend the entire day with the two people in my life who mean the most to me-and I wouldn't ask for anything more. 
Since Tim was going to be gone on the actual Valentine's Day, we celebrated on Saturday by going to the zoo together. It was a perfect, sunny day. Half-way through we went back to the car for a picnic lunch in the back of the CRV. We enjoyed taking the day at our own pace, without any other distractions. 
^A family that wears shades together, stays together. 
For dinner we made heart-shaped Spinach-Artichoke Pizza. Nothing says romance like a candle-lit pizza dinner, with a baby on your lap, am I right?
For dessert Tim got our favorite cakes from Nothing Bundt Cakes---yum! Love his creepy face...haha. We read old love letters together and reminised on so many silly and fun memories. The entire day I couldn't help but think that this day last year was the day I told Timmy that he was going to be a papa. That was one of the best days of my life. It's incredible what happens in just one year!
So Tim left for Colorado for an interview on Sunday, so Henry was my little Valentine date all day :) We even coordinated our church attire. As we were pulling into our driveway from church, the Mulders came up to me and asked, "Nikki, will you be our Valentine and join us for dinner tonight??" You guys, tears-so many tears! I love them so much. They are family. Dan prepared us an amazing dinner and we talked about how truly blessed we are! 


1 comment:

  1. Hahaha i totally know what you mean by the romantic dinners with a baby on your lap :) Just one thing I love so much about you is your enthusiasm for making things happen and creating memories! I love that y’all went to the zoo and made heart-shaped pizza. We need to do more things like that. The Mulders story made me saw ‘daw’! I remember last year’s valentine’s post :)) What a year!

    ReplyDelete