Tim had a week off work in March. It was my first time having off of work during one of his school breaks, so we decided to go on an adventure! Our niece Addie was getting baptized, so that was a good excuse to make a spontaneous trip out to Arizona for it. We're a 12.5 hour (flat, not very scenic) drive to Tuscon, but it was worth it to see family. We left right after Tim got out of work Friday, and stayed that first night in El Paso, then finished the drive on Saturday. Odie got to come along too! Both babies were incredible the entire drive.
Mom & Dad Bradshaw were there too. We really enjoyed getting to see everybody, especially our nieces and nephews. We don't get to see them nearly enough. It was so sweet to see how much they loved Henry! This sure is one lucky little guy to have so many people who adore him.
^I think Henry was a little overstimulated with all the people, loud kids, dogs running all around, and BYU basketball going....
^But all the kiddos did their best to cheer him up :)
^While everyone was outside roasting mallows, this is where these two littles decided to spend their time. Jake and Emma love him :)
^They all helped with bath time, although only Emma volunteered to help with diaper changes. She was so sweet, and always wanted to help. She would go get his wipes and diaper every time, and would dutifully sit close by until the job was complete.
^Sweet girl in her baptism dress! And Karin with the pirate face...haha
^We made chalk and enjoyed all the dust...
^Yay cousins!
We had pizza together one night, I painted the girls' nails, we played legos, we laughed at Studio C, we went to church, and we enjoyed just hanging out together. Wish we lived closer so we could see these guys more often! I also wish I got a picture of Henry with his Aunt Julie and Uncle Daniel.
So everyone left us by Monday morning....sad...but we didn't let that get us down. We stuck around Marana and explored Arizona a little more on Monday and Tuesday. We visited the Desert museum, the Saguaro national forrest, a yummy Mexican restaurant, Eegees for slushies, and we enjoyed lazy afternoons in the backyard. It was nice to have that time together as a family without feeling rushed. I was also a little surprised by how much I could appreciate the dessert beauty.
Our drive back took 14.5 hours....and we did it in one straight shot. We were pretty drained after that, but when we got home we saw that the Heywoods were hanging at the Mulders...so we stopped in to say hi :) Non-stop partaaaaaaay.Thursday Allison came down from Austin to visit! Love her. We were planning on doing a temple swap, but that didn't work out...so we just had green shamrock pancakes (it was St. Patty's day) and later we met Kailee at the park.
^Hazel loved holding Henry and it was the sweetest.
Friday we went to the park with the Mulders and the Heywoods, roasted some hot dogs, and played boccie ball. Although it was a little windy, it was beautiful.
I would say that was a pretty successful spring break! I'm a little sad we won't have very more opportunities like this once Tim starts working. Being students does have it's perks!
Isn’t it crazy how you can drive an entire day and still not make it out of Texas? That was always infuriating as a kid haha. I absolutely love how little kids love babies. It’s like they intuitively now how special and precious it is to be a child. Roasting marshmallows, eh? That’s your favorite! Hahaha all the kids helping with bath time … That’s a fun photo. Way to go Emma, for going in 100% with the diaper changes! Cousins are the best! I’m so glad you go to explore the area too .The desert pics really are beautiful. Lol you guys are party animals for sure, stopping at friends on the way home of that long a drive. I don’t think I’ve ever done one that long! Henry has the sweetest smile and smiley eyes :) The Mulders and Heywoods sound awesome, I’m so glad you’ve met such wonderful people in Texas! Best Spring Break ever, it sounds like!
ReplyDelete