Monday, April 11, 2016

Utah trip!

A few weeks before Tim was off to Salt Lake City for a residency interview, we were talking with Dad B on the phone and he asked why Henry wasn't going to Utah too. So...he kindly offered to fly us out so we could join in the fun :) and boy did we have fun. 

We flew in Friday evening (and Tim was going to be leaving Monday morning) so we tried to squeeze in a lot of fun family time before he had to leave. Saturday we all went down to BYU to go to the Norman Rockwell exhibit at the MOA. It was really crowded, but we all really enjoyed seeing Rockwell's clever creations. We have this picture hanging up in Henry's room: 
It is one of my favorites. After getting our art on, we headed over to peruse the bookstore, and to get some of our favorite chocolate covered cinnamon bears (Steph and Tyler's treat). It was so fun and kind of surreal to be back on the campus that shaped my entire life--- WITH MY BABY. Tim and I love going back to BYU to reminisce on all of the amazing experiences we had there, both shared and individual. It was kind of mind-blowing to bring our baby there. 

We had lunch at Burger Supreme, then had to go to the Creamary for some ice cream afterwards :) sadly, they didn't have any Graham Canyon, but you can't really go wrong with any of the flavors. 
^After eating we stopped by Steph & Tyler's home (in the works) and Grandpa decided to give Henry his first driving lesson.
 Saturday evening we hung around the house together, and Henry got a whole lotta lovin. 

Sunday was a beautiful day. We went to church together, and we were lucky enough to get to hear Dad give a talk...and watch him awkwardly look around during the intermediate hymn because he couldn't find a book haha...Tim finally texted him, "You know you have all the hymns on the app on your phone, right?" haha. It was fun to sit all together and pass Henry down the pew. 
^Karin and Tim going through every dog in her beloved dog book. One of Tim's greatest goals of this trip was to convince the fam to get a dog. 
^Henry with his great grandparents :)
Sunday we also celebrated Dad B's birthday (which was on Monday) so that we could have Tim join us in the fun before he left. Mom, Steph, and I helped prepare a delicious fried chicken dinner, with mashed potatoes, strawberry spinach salad. creamed corn, and biscuits. Yum town. 
^Dad's birthday wish was to have Henry with him for his next birthday 
^Henry with his Aunties :)

^One night the family kindly too care of Mr. Henry for me (I may have been freaking out a little bit because I had never left him for so long, and my phone was dying...I felt like a bad mom.) so I could meet up with Jenica and Whitney for a "Sound of Music" marionette production on campus. Before the play we went to Cafe Rio (glorious!) and I got to meet someone's significant other (teehee!). I loved getting to spend time with these girls (and holding hands with them the entire play).

^Jenica came back home with me and we got to snuggle and talk about our lives (and give Henry some good cuddles too.) I love this video of the two of them.

^Everybody working on their tummy time
^Cutest little sleeper

^Karin probably read about 25 books to Henry during our visit. Which is part of what inspired us to go fill out an application for Karin to volunteer at the library down the street! Trying to help her figure out what she likes to do, and how we can apply those things to marketable skills.


^One morning we stopped into Miss Gasser's classroom so she could meet Henry! I loved seeing her in her teacher element. 

^Mom, Karin, and I went out to Zupas for lunch one day...and had to make the mandatory stop at the puppy barn (which also helped Tim/my plot to convince them they need another dog...). Poor mom got beat up by the boxer puppies though. And I fell in love with the golden retrievers.

^Stephanie had a day off during the week, so all of the girls decided to go over and help her clean her new home so she could move in faster. She better know I love her after that...because I detest cleaning blinds, and I cleaned those puppies for a good 2 hours. After lots of cleaning we treated ourselves to some J-dawgs for lunch, and Provo bakery for dessert :)

^One of my favorite memories of this trip. One morning I left Henry with Mom and Karin while I showered and got ready. When I came back upstairs I couldn't find any of them. Then I found Karin in Mom and Dad's room working on the computer, but after calling for Mom, still couldn't find her or Henry. Eventually I did find her....with a precious little baby fast asleep in her arms in this quiet little corner. It filled my heart with so much joy and gratitude to see how lovingly Virginia held him, and gazed upon him.

^I also got a little bored late one night...and started going through some of Tim's old mission things. My heart melted when I read this little excerpt from his journal. I'm lucky to be his wife!



1 comment:

  1. haha byu visiting, WITH MY BABY! But seriously, that must have been surreal. No graham canyon??? That’s a crime. That picture of Henry and his Grandma B is so sweet. Aw, and great grandparents too! :) Y’alls dinner making abilities sound ahhhmazing. Yay for meeting with Jenica and Whitty!! Hand holding while watching a play haha, that sounds perfect :) So did Tim and Karin convince their family to get a dog?? Oh sweet, you visited Whitty’s classroom too! I know she must be amazing at being a teacher. For some reason, I can’t see all the photos and videos on these posts, but I love all your captions nonetheless. I love Timmy’s family! Glad you had a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete